Chabad Lyubavitsh was established in Romania in the year 1999 by Rabbi Naftali Deutsch and Rebbetzin Risha Deutsch as emisaries of the Lubavitcher Rebbe and with the great support of the Rohr family.
Chabad Lyubavitsh of Romania, as part of the Chabad organization, continued the Rebbe’s work and tried to bring the light of the Torah and the kindness to every city that Jews live in. As the verse sais, “and you shall spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south”, the Rebbe sends his emisaries all around the world to reach out to the Jews in every city.
Chabad Lyubavitsh of Romania has the following main activities:
- Synagogue “Ieshua Tova” in the center of Bucharest. There are daily prayers in the morning (Shacharit) and in the afternoon (Mincha and Maariv). We serve breakfast and dinner to the Jews that live in Bucharest and also to the businesspeople that come by. On Shabbat many people (including many students) come for the prayers and for the rich Shabbat meals and they enjoy singing Shabbat songs and Israeli songs.
- “Or Avner” Kindergarten and School – there are about 100 children that registered for the 2008-2009 school year.
- Special activities for youngsters, for elderly people and the people at the old-age home.
- Evenings for Women – special meetings take place for every holiday and ocasion.
- Children’s Club – children meet once a week to listen to stories from the Tora and learn about the holidays.
Rabbi Naftali and Rebbetzin Risha Deutsch – established Chabad Lyubavitsh of Romania in 1999 and since then they have successfully organized a large variety of activities for all age groups.